Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Removing the Mask


So, here at Drops of Thought, I just learned something valuable.  Namely, to forward my domain name without masking.  What's masking, you ask?  Well, simply put, it allows you to type in "Dropsofthought.com" and go directly to my site without the ".posterous.com" appearing in the address bar.  What's the difference? Well, unfortunately as I just found out, when I mask the URL, I am unable to link you directly to a page in my blog.  This became problematic because whenever I wanted to link someone to a particular entry, it would take them to the homepage regardless.  This is annoying, since visitors interested in one post must then scroll until they find it.  Well, I've removed the masking.  Henceforth if there's a post you like and want to link others to, you may do it unimpeded.  I hope you find such freedom as helpful as I do.  This is really important when it comes to some of our most enjoyed posts, like THIS ONE  With masking on, it took a bunch of people a bunch of time to find it.  It took me a while to understand what was happening and why (I'm not domain genius).  Now that I know, however, I pray Drops of Thought will become increasingly relevant, and useful to you.  Thanks for reading, and feel free to comment anytime on any post.  Grace and Peace!

Posted via email from Drops of Thought

No comments: