Okay, so very recently I announced my decision to switch from PC to Mac. There were definitely a couple things I didn't know before posting that, and how exactly I'd get the Mac was one of them. *SMILE* So a most amazing chain of events took place that still has me glowing with glee, but I'll truncate the account to accomodate a microblog.
1. I wake up and do what I do early in the morning.
2. I decide to go down to my office to get an early "boot up" for my work cpu.
3. I see a scary error staring at me from my screen, saying "windows can't start......"
4. I reboot, take the battery off, and everything short of tossing the cpu, all to no avail.
5. I decide I need to drive the 45 mins to the office so our IT dept can look at my fried laptop.
6. I get to the office and while there, bump into a family friend who informs me of some valuable info.
7. I take the info for confirmation to my manager, who confirms it after a couple emails.
8. By the time I leave work, I have enough of a "gift" to buy a MacBook Pro and our long awaited elliptical!!!
God is so gracious! So the bottom line is I'm not having to pay a dime for the MacBook, so the switch is not only on, but FREE!! On top of that, I found out that my job provides each of us with a once per lifetime copy of any Microsoft Office product for 9 bucks!! So, I also got Office for the Mac!
I assure you, I would've NEVER known about the availability of these gifts had my computer not crashed. In that, I thank the Lord for His providence. I'm just so thankful to the Lord for the gifts of yesterday. There was more to it, and those of you who know me well can ask me about the details when we speak. Until then, Soli Deo Gloria!!