Tuesday, January 26, 2010

#wcs40-Our Deep Need as Consistent Mark-Missers



Westminster Larger Catechism
(all emphases mine)

Q. 55. How doth Christ make intercession?
A. Christ maketh intercession, by his appearing in our nature continually before the Father in heaven, in the merit of his obedience and sacrifice on earth, declaring his will to have it applied to all believers; answering all accusations against them, and procuring for them quiet of conscience, notwithstanding daily failings, access with boldness to the throne of grace, and acceptance of their persons and services.

I am so thankful to the Lord for His daily, continual intercession on my behalf.  Without it I'm doomed.  Many (like 90% many) of the accusations against me would ring true and leave me in the hot seat of the Father.  Romans 8:33 is clear that it is God who justifies, therefore no one can bring a charge against God's elect.  That is alien; just as our righteousness, our ability to pray well enough to keep us from a deserved hell is found in Christ not us. He is the perfect prayer for us to the Father (WOW).  Jesus Christ, the one mediator between man and God, because He alone can put together a case tight enough to keep me from eternity in prison.  He alone has amassed a record of perfection, then gave His very life, so when the great exchange takes place, it is absolutely complete. My sin (even daily), my filth---exchanged for His perfection, His purity.  God's Justice satisfied completely on the Cross. It is on THIS basis that our High Priest can make intercession for us daily, and every accusation or stirring of conscience is addressed.  Perfectly.  Thank you Lord.  I am so unworthy of your grace and mercy.....Solus Christus! 

Posted via email from Drops of Thought

No comments: